About the Village Hall
IMPORTANT COVID INFORMATION -PLEASE READ PRIOR TO BOOKING.
Great Coates Village Hall is presently only open to business hires who must provide a risk assessment.
No social functions, hires or parties may take place.
Whilst Government advice is in place all hires must adhere to the following ADDITIONAL conditions of hire in addition to our standard terms of hire which are available below.
You are accepting these additional terms by completing the booking form and ticking the box to indicate you accept the Booking Conditions.
- Hirer’s must maintain a list of all all users and retain for 28 days.
- Maximum number of persons within the hall is 35 (to be reviewed every four weeks)
- Entrance door to be used as entrance only – no exit via this door.
- Fire door at rear of the building to be used as exit only.
- Hirer’s must ensure social distancing both within the hall and car park.
- Toilets – one in and one out – there is a label on the door to inform users whether vacant or occupied.
- Fire door/patio doors must be open to allow ventilation (unless weather precludes this)
- No cutlery or crockery to be used form the kitchen and microwave, kettle and hot urn have been temporarily removed. All hires must bring in their own cups/drinks etc.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers are available at doorways.
- Paper towels have now been provided in toilets and kitchen
- All tables/chairs must be left up and pushed to the side of the hall, against the walls, after use to enable all tables/chairs to be cleaned after hire. The floor will be wet cleaned after each hire as will toilets, kitchen, surfaces and door handles.
- In the event of anybody falling ill with Covid like symptoms they must be isolated in the disabled toilet and await transport home. The hall must be closed immediately and everybody advised to leave. The Village Council must be informed immediately on 0771 3075682 and the hall will then be closed for 72 hours.
- All users of the hall are required to wear face coverings whilst inside the building unless they are excepted or have a reasonable excuse not to.
- Great Coates Village Hall reserve the right to cancel any hire before or during should any of the conditions be breached.
- Great Coates Village Council reserve the right to close the hall with or without notice should Government guidance change.
These additional conditions will be constantly reviewed in line with Government guidance and legislation.
Long-term, regular hirings from village groups or other organisations are welcomed and slots can be reserved for your group or activity.
There are 110 chairs and 20 tables available in the hall for the use of hirer’s. In addition kitchen facilities are available that open up into the hall if required. The kitchen has a microwave, a fridge, a tea urn, kettles, cups/saucers and plates all available at no extra charge during the hire period.
Car Parking is provided on site and all hiring charges will include heating etc.
You are not permitted to smoke or use vape devices within the hall or grounds.
If you wish to hire the Village Hall you are advised to book early as the Hall is a very popular venue.
Booking the Hall
Hiring rates have been updated at a council meeting held on the 28th February 2019:
Monday to Friday – 08.00 – 16.00hrs £10 per hr (Payable in advance)
Monday to Friday – 16.00 – 23.00hrs £15 per hr (Payable in advance)
Please note there is a minimum hire of 2 hours.
Party Rate – one off hires
Monday to Sunday – 08.00 – 23.00hrs £20 per hr (Payable in advance)
Please note there is a minimum hire of 2 hours.
Wedding Receptions – £250
Wedding reception time frame includes the hire of the hall from 18.00 hrs on the evening of the prior date of the reception to allow the hirer to set up the hall, the whole day on which the reception is to be held, and includes the morning after the reception up to 12.00hrs midday to allow time for removal of any property brought into the venue and for the hall to be left in the same clean and tidy condition it was supplied.
To book the Village Hall please use the contact form or email email@example.com.
- The hall can hold up to 120 people.
- There is a kettle and microwave, but not cooking appliances.
- You may bring your own food and drinks, outside caterers or licensed mobile bar. The hall does not have a licence.
- The hall ceiling height is 3m.
- The caretaker will meet you at the start and finish of your booking as we do not give out keys.
- Damage deposits are refunded at the next full meeting of the Council AFTER the party. (fourth Thursday of the month).
- There is a no noise policy after 11pm. All disco / loud music must be turned down at 10.30pm.
- All equipment is used at the hirers own risk
- There is a no smoking and no vaping policy in the hall and the grounds.